The Flatwearable Silverware Bending Press is by far our best bending tool to date and the future of our company, therefore we have decided to discontinue production and sale of the Flatwearable Spoon Bracelet & Ring Bender 6G. We have come a long way since the introduction of our flagship bending tool 3 1/2 years ago.
No other silverware bending tool can compare. It's is the fastest, easiest, most durable, versatile and efficient silverware bender on the market today.
Beginning June 7, 2016 we have lowered the price on the Flatwearable Spoon Bracelet & Ring Bender 6G. We are clearing out the remaining stock on our flagship bending tool and will no longer be carrying this model once the supply is exhausted.
We will continue to support the users of all of our G series Benders as well as provide access for purchasing replacement parts.
How do I know which bender is right for me?
We offer 2 benders, each one with their own advantages and disadvantages.
Watch the videos on both Benders (including the webinar recording) and read over the pros and cons to help you decide which Bender is right for you.
1. It gives a smooth accurate curve to your bracelet sections every time. You can be assured your pieces will always have the same smooth bend every time you insert a piece of silverware. This is very important to customers that need their bracelets to have identical curves.
2. It requires a fairly inexpensive vise to use it with.
3. It is easy to bend most silverware with the roller unit. This is good for people with physical limitations such as hand, arm or shoulder issues.
4. It's less expensive compared to our Flatwearable Silverware Bending Press.
1. The user has to tighten and loosen the nuts with every bend. A 1/2" wrench is required for this.
2. Rings can only be made in one size and are more difficult and time consuming. You will need to use a steel mandrel to finish the shaping and sizing of your rings.
3. Eyebolts can strip if the user consistently over tightens them. Eyebolt damage is not covered under our warranty.
4. Changing out roller sizes requires the user to take the bender apart then put it back together again.
Our Flatwearable Silverware Bending Press
1. Bending silverware is very fast because you are not required to tighten or loosen any parts during the bending process.
2. Rings can be made in multiple sizes by switching out the interchangeable mandrel pins. Changing out pins or the bracelet rollers is quick and easy.
3. Creating all of your bends is easier, faster, and more efficiently done on this bender. It offers more versatility than the 6G.
4. You can easily adjust the depth of curve/bend by the amount of pressure you apply to the handle.
6. 7 interchangeable pins/rollers allows the user to create almost any size bend for anything from rings to bracelets, and everything in between! Works on sheet stock metal as well. Can bend even heavy stainless steel silverware.
7. It is our most complete, efficient, easist to use, and versatile bending system EVER.
1. It requires the purchase of a 1 ton arbor press, which is more expensive than a vise.
2. It requires more arm strength to press the handle of the arbor press.
3. The forming blocks wear down with consistent use and will require replacing over time.
4. You feed the silverware pieces in by hand and hold them in place during the bending process which requires strength and dexterity.
5. It is more expensive than the 6G.
No matter which of our Bender tools you choose, no other company or maker offers the level of support that we do. Full video tutorials on the Benders as well as video tutorials on silverware jewelry making, an active Facebook page, plus email and phone support directly from the President and owner are all included with your purchase.
Many potential customers ask us what else they might need to get started in making silverware jewelry. Here's a suggested list. By no means do you need everything on this list to start out. Build your tool choices as you grow and progress.
The items with a * next to them are the most suggested items for the beginner.
Items seen in the Bracelet Construction Tutorial, and where you can purchase them.
HF = Harbor Freight
*HF Vise # 67039
*Rubber Mallet - Flatwearable.com
*HF Bolt cutter # 41148
*HF Mini grinder # 94071
(Replacement fiber wheels available at Flatwearable.com)
HF bench buffer # 94393
Buffing compounds - Flatwearable.com
*Automatic center punch - Flatwearable.com
HF rotary tool # 68696
*1/16" drill bits - Flatwearable.com
*HF 5 speed drill press, # 60238
HF drill press vise #30999
Johnson's paste wax, local hardware store purchase
Dura Bull tumbler kit – RioGrande.com
920 polishing compound – Flatwearable.com
Stainless steel shot - Flatwearable.com
Goddard’s silver polish foam, local grocery store purchase
Felt polishing pads for rotary tools, B0097PM17Y @ Amazon
Rubber polisher set, xkj3-ra8121 @ widgetsupply.com
*Round nose, bail making, chain nose, bent chain nose & nylon jaw pliers
can be purchased at local craft stores or many online retailers. We
carry some hand tools at Flatwearable.com
*Steel ring mandrel - Flatwearable.com
Ring mandrel cradle - Flatwearable.com
Renaissance wax polish – Flatwearable.com
Flatware can be purchased at yard sales, estate sales, auctions, flea markets, eBay,
antique stores, co-ops, newspaper, Craigslist, etc.
SHIPPING COSTS FOR ORDERS UNDER 1 POUND
$5.00 - USA
$17.50 - CANADA
$24.50 - INTERNATIONAL
SHIPPING COSTS FOR ORDERS BETWEEN 1 and 4 POUNDS
SMALL FLAT RATE BOX/ENVELOPE
$9.00 - USA
$27.00 - CANADA
$37.00 - INTERNATIONAL
SHIPPING COSTS FOR ORDERS 4 POUNDS TO 8 POUNDS
MED FLAT RATE BOX
$16.00 - USA
$48.00 - CANADA
$78.00 - INTERNATIONAL
SHIPPING COSTS FOR ORDERS 8 POUNDS & OVER
LARGE FLAT RATE
$21.00 - USA
$62.00 - CANADA
$98.00 - INTERNATIONAL
Flatwearable Artisan Jewelry Inc.
14 Michael Rd., West Seneca, NY 14224
Mon-Sat 10 am - 5 pm EST
Our NEW retail store and studio are NOW OPEN! We are located at 14 Michael Rd., West Seneca, NY 14224. In the Pappas plaza. Studio instruction is by appointment only.